Photo

English (classroom)?

English

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 ความเห็นในกระทู้นี้

#1 guxkung

guxkung

ผมไม่รู้ ผมแมว

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

ตอบ 18 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 16:18

Well, as there are lots of people who are good at English in this board. Why don't we do some stuffs for improving our English proficiency? (As even though majority of the people here won't use Japanese and we still have Japanese classroom here!)

If we could get a fluent guy who can provide a good review on essays or giving out some useful phrases to describe stuffs, I believe this (classroom) could be interesting.

Anyone interest in such idea?

ขรี้ไม่ออก? กรุณานึกถึงยาแก้ท้องผูกตรา ลีถือลูกท้อ

สถาบันกวดวิชาคณิตศาสตร์ชื่อก้องระดับประเทศ แถลงผลคำนวณ 161/2 = 37

#2 Edge

Edge

ขาประจำ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

ตอบ 18 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 17:00

Dude, you're studying abroad in Japan, yet you care so much for English !!

Weird guy :D

Anyway, my TOEIC score was 845 (I applied at Japan) still my grammar is bloody poor. Hope that I worth enough to talk with you in English, ain't I ?

#3 guxkung

guxkung

ผมไม่รู้ ผมแมว

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

ตอบ 18 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 17:15

Well, as I had been studying in International Program since my Bachelor's. I don't want it to be ruined so I need to brush it up every now and then.
I took TOEIC test too (2 years ago) and the score was 915. Not that much different and I don't consider myself to be in a professional level.

Furthermore, I need to write papers in English. So at least, if I couldn't improve that much in English, I don't want it to be spoiled.

#4 Majung

Majung

ขาประจำ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

ตอบ 18 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 18:39

Hi, I did not study in an international program.
I studied Economics and my English is poor. But I want to learn and practice my English skills by reading this board!

Is that OK?
ธมฺมจารี สุขํ เสติ

#5 guxkung

guxkung

ผมไม่รู้ ผมแมว

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

ตอบ 18 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 19:32

Of course, we wouldn't mind your participation. However, we need someone superior than us in order to analyze the mistakes for corrections and all.

#6 Edge

Edge

ขาประจำ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

ตอบ 21 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 09:48

Hi, I did not study in an international program.
I studied Economics and my English is poor. But I want to learn and practice my English skills by reading this board!

Is that OK?

Economics?...Same major as mine. Where did you graduate from ?

#7 Ominous

Ominous

น้องใหม่

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

ตอบ 22 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 01:45

Hello,

It's such a good idea for opening the English classroom. May I apply as student, please? I'll be an order and quiet one, just sit and learn. :)

#8 guxkung

guxkung

ผมไม่รู้ ผมแมว

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

ตอบ 22 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 09:04

Hello,

It's such a good idea for opening the English classroom. May I apply as student, please? I'll be an order and quiet one, just sit and learn. :)

Hello,
Nice to meet you. However, what do you mean by "I'll be an order and quiet one". Do you mean that you'll obey?

Actually, I don't think I'm good enough to be a teacher/instructor yet. Maybe we can do this as sharing session, pointing out mistakes, make discussions, so we could learn together.

For the beginning, why don't we try writing a short essay introducing ourselves?

#9 เพื่อนร่วมชาติ

เพื่อนร่วมชาติ

พรานล่าปูไปรยา

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,788 posts

ตอบ 22 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 23:32

Am I overcome in this thread?

ประชาธิปไตยก็เหมือนส้วมสาธารณะแบบนั่งเต็มตูด ควายนับถือศาสนาชินวัตรใช้แล้วสกปรกชิบเป๋ง

#10 O2Giant

O2Giant

โปรแกรมมั่ว

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

ตอบ 23 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 12:23

https://www.facebook...ups/yenmanovic/

by Uncle Yen

#11 1singh

1singh

น้องใหม่

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

ตอบ 23 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 20:52

Hi! I'd like to join this classroom too. Thank you in advance for your dedication.

#12 Ominous

Ominous

น้องใหม่

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

ตอบ 24 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 01:58

Hello,

Hello,
Nice to meet you. However, what do you mean by "I'll be an order and quiet one". Do you mean that you'll obey?

Actually, I don't think I'm good enough to be a teacher/instructor yet. Maybe we can do this as sharing session, pointing out mistakes, make discussions, so we could learn together.

For the beginning, why don't we try writing a short essay introducing ourselves?

Oh, sorry to confuse you. I want to say, I'll stay still tidily, no shouting, be a good student :)

So, teacher, you have several students. Shall we open the class with my stupid question, please? I'm wondering that "otherwise" and "unless", is it the same? And how to use it (with situation/content)?

PS. Nice to meet you guy, my name is Pom ;)

#13 guxkung

guxkung

ผมไม่รู้ ผมแมว

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

ตอบ 24 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 06:54

Unless is conjunction, while otherwise is attributive (adjective/adverb).
Unless means an except to the condition.
In contrast to that, otherwise can mean different, differently, other circumstance, and in other respects.

For the full answer and example, please check
ref: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_the_words_'unless'_and_'otherwise'

#14 Ominous

Ominous

น้องใหม่

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

ตอบ 25 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554 - 15:54

Thank you teacher, I got "unless" but need more study on "otherwise" by myself. :)